The second battle of the campaign for BS-DI is now over. Loyal readers will remember the first fight, known as the storming of the ramparts of academe. Once over the wall, our forces regrouped and charged the campus, only be met by our implacable foes the Barbarians, lead by Cheryl of the Algebraics. The historians, poets, and priests of academe tried to flank us on the right and the left, but were brushed aside by our calvary. Our strongest force, the infantry, has been engaged in hand to hand combat for what seems like forever, but in reality has only been 12 weeks. Nearing exhaustion, we have finally managed to dislodge the foe, but not before suffering from the slings and arrows of mis-function. Battered, bruised, and in urgent need of resupply, we are barricaded in a safe house, and will rest here awhile before resuming our attack. In the far distance, we can see the key structure, known locally as the cistern, which, successfully taken, will mark our victory as complete. But there is much fighting ahead...........
As another warrior has said:
- ... my purpose holds
- To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
- Of all the western stars, until I die.
- It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;
- It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
- And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
- Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
- We are not now that strength which in old days
- Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--
- One equal temper of heroic hearts,
- Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
- To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.